Technical Services Support Specialist
Support customers of Tyler Technologies Local Government Division remotely with operating system, networking, printer, and hardware issues. Travel to customer sites for hardware implementations and network diagnostics.
- Remote support – Support customers over the phone with business operating systems, a variety of LAN/WAN networking equipment, printers, and various hardware issues. Also supports Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL, some Linux and Oracle installations, MS Remote Desktop Services, Citrix XenApp, Backup Exec, VMware, Cisco, and other third party software as required.
- Onsite installation and support –Focuses primarily on advanced installations. Travels to customer sites to install and support new hardware, networking environments, printers and point of sale products, and various third party applications including MS SQL, MS Exchange, etc.
- Troubleshooting technical issues for LGD clients for a variety of Tyler products.
- Identifies problems quickly and solves the problem effectively and efficiently, often with little or incomplete information.
- Installs hardware onsite and helps prepare sites for software implementations.
- Helps consult on complicated client hardware and network configurations.
- Effectively deal with a wide range of people on the phone, in person, and other methods.
- Minimum five years’ experience in Help Desk/ computer Systems Desktop Support.
- Must have solid understanding of Microsoft networking, TCP/IP, PC and server hardware, LAN/WAN, and MS Active Directory Services
- Must be flexible with schedules/shifts and be willing to work nights and weekends
- Must have excellent interpersonal, customer care, and multitasking skills
- Must have articulate oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to lift at least 60lbs and be able to squat, kneel, and climb ladders
- Must have a valid driver’s license, be able to travel, and have access to a vehicle during work hours